When you stay at the Abbey Hotel, you not only do you get your well appointed room but also use of the other hotel facilities such as our guest lounge, garden and breakfast room.
The Drawing Room
Relax and enjoy the comfortable sofas and chairs. Peruse the daily papers and magazines on offer or browse the library shelves. The drawing room is the ideal place to meet friends and colleagues. Tea and coffee is always available on request.
If the weather is ameanable why not take a few minutes to unwind in our garden. Benches and chairs are available or just browse around the well tended flower beds.
The Abbey breakfast will set you up for the day ahead. Choose your drink and begin with something from the buffet while our wonderful cook freshly prepares your hot dish, chosen from the menu.
- English Breakfast Tea
- Special teas
- Cafetiere coffee
- Hot chocolate
- Appple and Orange juice
- A selection of breakfast cereals
- Bread for toast
- Tiptree conserves
- A selection of fruit and nuts
- Creamy porridge
- American style pancakes, served with maple syrup and fruit
- The ’Full English‘: free range egg, locally smoked back bacon and sausages, served with tomatoes, mushrooms and baked beans
- The ’Abbey breakfast sandwich‘: free range fried egg, smoked bacon, sausages, on white or brown bread
- Bacon omelette
- Tomato and mushroom omelette
- Boiled eggs with “soldiers”
- Scrambled eggs on toast
- Poached eggs on toast
- Baked beans on toast
- Lowestoft kipper
PLEASE SPEAK TO THE WAITING STAFF ABOUT ANY SPECIAL DIETARY ISSUES AND ASK FOR ALLERGY INFORMATION.