The Abbey Hotel and self-contained apartments
Covid-19 Coronavirus precautions and procedures
Our main objective is to make sure that you can “stay with confidence.”
Please do not hesitate to call us directly on +44 (0)1284 762020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
We have enhanced our usual high standards of cleaning to a new level all around the hotel.
The changes have been made by following the guidance we have received from H.M. Government, Public Health England, the NHS and UK Hospitality.
Because of the constantly changing nature of the advice, our precautions and protocols are constantly changing and are continually reviewed and updated.
We can confirm that we are complying with H.M. Government's “Covid-19 Secure” guidance.
Since this is a Public Health issue, we expect full support from our team, our business partners and our guests.
The Abbey is a privately owned hotel and as such only guests, the team and pre-arranged business partners may be on site.
The nature of our historic buildings, with eight separate entrances, enable guests to be private, safe and secure in their room or apartment.
The garden, with seating, is available to all guests and is accessed easily from all parts of the hotel.
In order to make track and trace easy and simple, we have a QR code which guests can scan with your NHS COVID-19 App when checking in.
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Handwashing and sanitiser used every 20 minutes
- Team members must stay at home if unwell and follow official guidance on self-isolating
- PPE is worn as appropriate
- Social distancing is maintained wherever possible
- Rooms have been cleaned and disinfected to minimise cross contamination
- Non-essential items have been removed from rooms
- All bed linen and towels are professionally laundered at a high temperature to eliminate the risk of cross-contamination
Breakfast is ordered via the individual menus supplied and will be delivered to your room on a tray, unless you specifically request the dining room. Only four tables of two people are available in the dining room.
Extra sanitiser, wipes and face coverings are available on request.
Please speak to the manager on duty if you have any queries or concerns.
We remain totally committed to ensuring that you stay at the Abbey Hotel is as enjoyable and stress free as always.